Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scavenger Hunt CD Post: 15 of 15 This song sounds familiar or Beatles covers


We all know how I feel about the Beatles. They are sacred. For years, during my silly adolescent i-know-everything years, I even refused to acknowledge the significance of a Beatles cover... until I finally realized a lot of their early stuff... were covers.

So, if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as the Gallagher brothers have often reminded us, here are some bona fide compliments.

DEAR PRUDENCE: Souxie and the Banshees
Stuart
Katherine
Aunt Christy

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN: the Breeders
Nikki G
Jenn O

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE: Rufus Wainwright
Erica
Chuck

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE: Fiona Apple
Kyle

HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY: Eddie Vedder
Amanda

HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY: E'nuff Z'nuff
Megan
-incidentally, this may be one of the first covers i ever fell in love with

ELEANOR RIGBY: BB Seaton
Thomas

GOLDEN SLUMBERS: Ben Folds
Liz
-maybe my favorite Beatles cover ever.

LONG LONG LONG: Elliott Smith
Scot
-and maybe my favorite artist who covered the Beatles. his "Because" is my second favorite of all time. CHILLS!

I'M ONLY SLEEPING: the Vines
Erin O (disc 1)

WITHIN YOU, WITHOUT YOU: Sonic Youth
Blake
-a cover of a George song!

BLACKBIRD: Foo Fighters
Crickett
-a cover of my favorite Paul song

HELLO, GOODBYE: the cast of "Glee"
Joe

AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING: Guadalcanal Diary
Rory
-reminds me of middle school

I SAW HER STANDING THERE: the Smithereens
Misty

EIGHT DAYS A WEEK: Dandy Warhols
Erin O (disc 2)

YOU REALLY GOT A HOLD ON ME: She & Him
Aly
- my mom's favorite Beatles song

BACK IN THE USSR - Billy Joel
Sarah

And that, kids, concludes this edition of the Scavenger Hunt CD posts. We'll start all over again if you guys are game, in July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home