Sunday, March 13, 2011

Scavenger Hunt CD Post: 12 What's this thing called again? or Songs whose title is not reflected in the lyrics

With this category, I am reminded of how I miss Tuesday night music trivia at the Angel with my girls... and how much of a pin in the ass songs like this were when we go them. We KNEW the song, KNEW the artist, but damn! What's that weird title? What? What the hell does "Selling the Drama" mean anyway.

As it turns out (thankfully) no one chose that one. Instead, I do believe we can crown Misters Sumner and Hook as the joint kings of random titles. And we all know how I love New Order. They only pop up twice here, but I am pretty sure they still reign supreme.

TRUE FAITH: New Order
Misty
- i actually just included this on Scot's own SH CD as my "song i hated when i was young and stupid, but love now" track. well, that's not how he worded it, just my interpretation

SUBCULTURE: New Order
Stuart
-followed by...

THE HEADMASTER RITUAL: the Smiths
Erica
- the namesake of a certain dj i know

PARANOID ANDROID: Radiohead
Blake

WRAITH PINNED TO THE MIST AND OTHER GAMES: Of Montreal
Joe
-wait. isn't this called the Outback song? ;)

POLITE DANCE SONG: the Bird & the Bee
Thomas

CLINT EASTWOOD: Gorillaz
Jenn O

CLOUDS UP: Air
Aly

A CAUTIONARY TALE: the Decemberists
Erin O (disc 1)

THIS IS WHY YOU LOVE ME: Brian Jonestown Massacre
Erin O (disc 2)

SANS SOLEIL: Miike Snow
Katherine

DUTCH WONDERLAND: Josh Joplin Group
Aunt Christy
- appropriately, as she introduced me to JJG, who i consequently loved for many many years after

CARE OF CELL 44: the Zombies
Scot
- i always forget how much i love the Zombies

COLD DAYS FROM THE BIRDHOUSE: the Twilight Sad
Amanda

IOU: Metric
Nikki G

UNCHAINED MELODY: John Cowan
Crickett

POP ROCKS AND COKE: Green Day
Rory

SHADOW STABBING: Cake
Sarah

3 LIBRAS: A Perfect Circle
Kyle
- what you may or may not know about me - kyle knows it, clearly - is that Maynard Kenan is in possession of maybe my favorite and most coveted singing voice in all of rock. at least of people who are still living.

D'YER MAKER: Led Zeppelin
Megan
- another bit of trivia: Houses of the Holy, the first Zeppelin cd i ever bought with my own money

CAPE COD KWASSA KWASSA: Hot Chip & Peter Gabriel
Chuck
- it's almost like this song was created JUST to make me happy

TOO FAMOUS TO GET FULLY DRESSED: Butch Walker
Liz
- I shoulda guessed this guy was gonna show up on liz's cd eventually :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home