Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Scavenger Hunt CD Post:01 BEATLES favorites



Remember like 6 months ago when I was supposed to share track lists with you guys for this? Well, I got my final disc this weekend, so if I ever want anyone to participate in this ever again - and there WILL be a list for this year's birthday #34 - then I better get steppin'

So as I stated ohsolongago - I will list by track, not by cd. Starting with everyone's favorite Beatles song.

Some notes: It does not surprise me that that a lot of my friends have the same favorite Beatles song. It did - and I don't know why - surprise me that so very many of you chose "Norwegian Wood." I also made a half-hearted joke that we would see whether the majority of the favorites were Lennon/McCartney or McCartney/Lennon (wink wink). Turns out they are almost split right down the middle since I - even the great Beatle enthusiast that I am - refuse to designate "A Day in the Life" as a primary effort on either of their parts... and no argument will sway me on that, not even from Maccers himself.

So without further ado - and in no truly particular order:

NORWEGIAN WOOD:
Amanda, Scot, Erin O, and Jen O
-the most popular though I expected to see, like, HEY JUDE. it appears my friends are even cooler than i give them credit for

YESTERDAY:
Joe
-totally shocked to only see this once

A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Stuart and Blake
-while IN MY LIFE is my all-time favorite, I think this is the quintessential late-era Beatles song. it's like the grandfather of all progressive rock (not prog rock)

HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY:
Katherine and Megan
- conveniently chosen by both my wedding minister/best friend and my maid of honor. this also appears on my version of the original scavenger hunt cd that we did in the category of "song that reminds you a first date"

SHE'S LEAVING HOME:
Crickett
- as a little girl this was one of the first songs to ever move me to tears; it will always have a special place in my heart, just like C.

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT:
Kyle
- the theme song to my all-time favorite movie comedy. "he's very clean isn't he?"

ALL MY LOVIN':
Misty
-i knew Misty would pick some early Beatles as her favorite, however as a bonus, one of her later tracks happens to be...

ELEANOR RIGBY:
Nikki G
- njg's is also the title of a book by my favorite author, who is also - if i am not mistaken - a favorite author of nikki's and also of rory's... hmmmmm

TICKET TO RIDE:
Rory O
- this was the ringtone on my first cell phone

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU:
Erin O
- yep. she made two cd's. so she gets two favorite Beatles songs. she must just love me - or them - that much.

WHEN I'M 64:
Sarah
- containing my all time favorite Paul McCartney vocalization "you'lllll be ol-der toooooo"

I CALL YOUR NAME:
Erica
-i leave it to Erica, who may love the Beatles even more than me, to choose a song even I totally forgot about

WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS:
Aunt Christy
- Ringo makes his debut.

and finally, the George songs. Happy belated birthday to the late Mr. Harrison, my favorite Beatle and perhaps favorite musician to ever walk this world.

IF I NEEDED SOMEONE:
Thomas
-the first great George track

WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS:
Liz
-the middle great George track

SOMETHING:
Aly-son
-the last great George (Beatles) track

HERE COMES THE SUN:
Chuck
-the GREATEST George track (IMHO)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home